Outfit: Distractions of the good kind


So this was a regular day with a couple of chores in it and some normal work routines, and walking the dogs and feeding the cats and such. Everything went as normal. I went to a local supermarked to buy spices and a new pan (the old one kept burning my pancakes), and I also ventured into the clothing alley for a new pair of tights, and suddenly, a lovely cat print blouse was staring me in the face from the hanger. A supermarket is not a place where I'd expect to find a blouse like this. A pair of tights or undies, yes, but not this! I was really pleasantly surprised to see a lovely print and nice finish and when I checked the label, it said 100% rayon, which is always a plus in my book since I dislike polyester blouses. In the cart it promptly went and I rushed to the cash desk. Surely, only at home have I realized I'd forgotten to buy the pan and had to adjust my dinner plans. A good day nonetheless!

old jacket, blouse from a local supermarket, sweater, vintage boots and backpack, old jeans, cat pin


When the sun shines, it's still warm enough to wear the lightest outerwear, like my favorite tweed jacket (remixed here recently). I layer it over a tank top and a shirtblouse and a sweater, and add a warm hat and a scarf, and I'm good to go. 'Go' being the operative word: I walk fast and get warm enough for an outfit like this to be sustainable. Frankly, I usually walk so fast that when I wear warmer layers, it gets too warm for me. That's why I dislike cold: I'm always shivering when I leave home, even in the warmest of clothes, but once I warm up, it's unbearably hot, no matter the temperature on the outside. It may be another one of my body's many quirks but I've learned to live with it and never wear anything too warm, unless I know that I will be standing in the cold for a long time (but even then, I won't be warm at all, no matter the amount of clothes on me).

I'm wearing an old jacket, blouse from a local supermarket, sweater, vintage boots and backpack, old jeans, cat pin.

Photos by Bartek.


Follow

16 comments

  1. What stunning photographs! The colours really harmonise with your outfit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane! It was such a lovely, golden day :).

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Dzięki :). Dużą przyjemność zrobiła mi ta sesja.

      Delete
  3. Cześć,
    I to nazywają się udane zakupy. Jakie znaczenie ma brak patelni przy tak pięknej koszuli z wiskozy :)
    Pozdrawiam,
    Kasia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O tak! :D Następnego dnia wróciłam po patelnię, a naleśniki wyszły rewelacyjne ;).

      Delete
  4. Hi Klara!
    Just saw a pinture on your IG profile and decided I had to check your blog! This looks like a lovely day indeed, and the weather (though cold) looks wonderful! I recently made pancakes, after probably years, and they reminded me how fun it is! Yummy! You better get that new pan soon :)

    I'm glad you found that beautiful blouse, keep the good vibe!
    Hope you like my creations too ^^

    Best,
    m a r i q u i t i n a

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hi Isabel! So nice of you to comment, I've been following your blog for a while (but I never comment...) so it's so lovely that you visited here as well :).

      Thank you!

      Delete
  5. You look so beautiful in jeans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks! I've been wearing them more and more, so I figure they should make an appearance on the blog as well :).

      Delete
  6. Marynarka bardzo podoba mi się :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Serdeczne dzięki :). Oby taka pogoda była z nami jak najdłużej!

      Delete