Outfit: It's all golden

It's been silent on the blog lately due to the fact that our main camera died and spent two weeks at a CLA spa. Thankfully, it's back home now and ready to shoot which makes me happy because I've missed blogging terribly! I did get a couple of other things done in the mean time, so that's good, and I guess I made some space in my head for some future topics that I want to tackle on here, especially in the Style Musings section. Still open to any ideas and questions you might have, though!

blouse c/o chicwish, skirt (also available here in more sizes), thrifted cardigan, old jacket and purse and shoes and beret, vintage scarf and brooch

The Chicwish blouse I'm wearing today is such a treat! As you may remember, I'm not one to readily wear lace --it's usually both too rich and too dainty for my looks but I felt that this slightly geometric one could do the trick. And it does! Don't get me wrong, I really like lace. It's so feminine and/or girly and creates great opportunities for creating interesting juxtapositions in outfits (lace on top and jacquard on bottom? Count me in). In most cases, though, I feel like lace, or, guipure, if we're being technically correct, is something that rarely looks flattering on me. I like to search for the type of lace that I'm certain will look fine, like this dress was. When the shape of the guipure/lace gets more geometric and less romantic/floral, it's a good one for me. This, and I especially love the bouffant sleeves on this blouse, they're such a perfect touch of the romantic without being overpowering!

If you like this blouse as much as I do, be advised that the sizing runs small. I usually wear an S on top and so I got one in this size but it turned out very snugly fitting --and it has barely any stretch at all. The blouse closes in the back with a zipper so getting into it requires either well stretched hands or, well, some help. It's lined in front which is a great thing because it means no worries about your bra showing. A well made piece that I'm sure will stay with me long and be well used.

I'm wearing a blouse c/o chicwish, skirt (also available here in more sizes), thrifted cardigan, old jacket and purse and shoes and beret, vintage scarf and brooch.

Photos by Bartek.

Follow

6 comments

  1. Piękne zdjęcia i rewelacyjna "stylówka".
    Do mnie najbardziej przemawia ten żakiet z pierwszych zdjęć, piękny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dzięki :). Tę kurtkę mam od paru lat i już któryś raz staję przed dylematem, czy już czas się jej pozbyć, bo nie jest w najlepszym stanie. Ale jest piękna i dobrze na mnie wygląda, więc jakoś nie mogę i noszę kolejny rok :).

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Dziękuję, bardzo mi miło, że i Tobie się spodobała :).

      Delete